The camera is plug and play, when you plug it in the Seek application will launch automatically. The software is very simple to use, and periodic updates actually bring major improvements. I have never seen such improvements through software updates as I have seen with Seek's program. By keeping the internals the same, Seek is able to improve the image quality of all their cameras at the same time.
There are two main operating modes, thermal only and a side by side with the phone's camera. With Seek's latest update comes the ability to resize and move the phone camera image to match the thermal camera image. You double tap the screen and then you can change stuff around; it actually works quite well to help align the images.
There are four options for thermal modes. The first option is no temperature reading, and because there is no temperature scale on the side, this option isn't very useful for things other than finding hot or cold spots. The next option is the typical centered spot, which takes an average of the temperature readings around the center spot. I like high/low, as the camera will detect the highest and lowest temperature readings on the screen. Threshold is useful if you need more accuracy, and it provides real-time adjustments in the thermal modes menu for highlighting only what you want at different thresholds.
The settings menu.
Specific image and watermark settings under the settings menu.
These are all the different color pallets that the software supports. I just use "Iron".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Clinton's deleted emails won't go public before election
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now