One of the things that I have always been pleased to see from be quiet! are cables of varying lengths. This time there aren't as many as usual, but there are a few different lengths of SATA cables which should help with some of the cable clutter inside a case. Aside from this, there are plenty of cables to make full use of the 800W available from the Straight Power 10 800W. I would like to see the FDD connector included as an adapter, though, as it simply isn't needed these days.
Rail distribution is split up quite well for the Straight Power 10 800W power supply. 12V1 powers the 24-pin Main and all peripheral cables. 12V2 handles the ATX 4+4 cable for auxiliary power to the motherboard. 12V3 and 12V4 each supply power to a pair of PCIE connectors. In this layout, the power supply is self-load balancing and you really shouldn't have to worry about overloading a single rail.
A Look Inside
Here's part of the secret to be quiet! being able to keep the noise down on the Straight Power 10. The clean layout with reduced component count helps fresh air get to the hot areas of the power supply easier. This means that less airflow is needed and the fan can run at lower RPM's to keep the unit cool.
A single Taiwanese Teapo capacitor can be found on the primary side of the unit.
The secondary side of the power supply features a random grab bag of capacitors including more Teapo, some Nippon Chemi-Con's, and more. It could be worse, but it certainly could be a lot better.
be quiet! uses their own Silent Wings 3 135mm fan to cool the Straight Power 10 series.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape from Tarkov closed beta begins next month
- Hardware deals: $229 GTX 1060, $649 desktop with RX 580
- Toshiba announces world's first QLC flash memory
- North Americans to spend most on mobile game purchases
- Google Pixel 2 revealed in a new leak
- GIGABYTE X370-Gaming K7 Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus