We see a similar trend here as we did with the HD Tach utility with one notable exception; the NexStar 2 USB speeds dropped off a bit. While not a huge difference, it did manage to come in dead last in the Sandra testing. Firewire speeds, however, continue to show a very nice speed and performance increase over the original model.
Timed Data Transfers
For our final test I wanted to see just how fast we could transfer a large file across the platforms. To accomplish this I took the FarCry demo file and began copying it from drive to drive and measured times in seconds. The file weighs in at 496MB so should give us a fair assessment of the ability to move data from one place to another. Times were taken from the system to the Seagate drive and from the Seagate drive back to the system.
No matter how many times I run this test, I am still amazed that I get better results with the Firewire connection than with the drive slaved to the system. While this doesn't cover data spread all around a drive, it does show sheer data transfer prowess by taking a single large file and moving it from one location to another as fast as possible. Again the NexStar 2 shoes speed improvements under the IEEE1394 banner, but the differences are not as great as before. Still, we have seen a constant improvement in transfer speeds across this channel so things are looking very good for those looking for a Firewire implementation of this device.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now