Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox
Intel was one of the first to offer a toolbox for SSD management. Here we will go over the latest iteration of the Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox and its various functions. The newest version of this tool works with the 750 Series SSD's.
When you open the toolbox, you land on the home page. From here, you can select your Intel SSD and perform various management functions by selecting the tool tabs on the left.
The top tab on the left column is where you can manually TRIM your Intel SSD and schedule TRIM operations to occur.
Selecting an Intel drive, opens a drive overview panel that lists the drives capacity, model, firmware, serial number, amount of space used on the drive, estimated drive life and current drive health.
Hitting the drive detail tab on the summary panel, reveals many intimate details of your SSD and what it has been subjected to over its lifespan.
Selecting the quick diagnostic scan tab tests the basic functionality of your Intel SSD using a small sample of free space.
One of the most used functions of any SSD toolbox is to secure erase SSD's. It's nice to have this functionality because our go to program, Parted Magic, does not see NVMe SSD's and therefore we cannot use it to secure erase our Intel NVMe SSD's.
The Firmware Update tab allows you to update your drives firmware. Our 1.6TB DC P3700 is in need of a firmware update.
The S.M.A.R.T. tab lists all monitored attributes of your Intel SSD.
The system tuner tab checks certain settings and let's you know if your system is optimized for SSD's. Our system requires no adjustments other than enabling RST write-back caching on our SATA array.
Last but not least, we hit the System Information tab and the toolbox spits out information about our computer's OS, processor, and drive controllers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details, Test System Setup, Disk Properties]
- Page 3 [SSD Toolbox]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO, Anvil Storage Utilities, CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 8 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives