Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox
Intel was one of the first to offer a toolbox for SSD management. Here we will go over the latest iteration of the Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox and its various functions. The newest version of this tool works with the 750 Series SSD's.
When you open the toolbox, you land on the home page. From here, you can select your Intel SSD and perform various management functions by selecting the tool tabs on the left.
The top tab on the left column is where you can manually TRIM your Intel SSD and schedule TRIM operations to occur.
Selecting an Intel drive, opens a drive overview panel that lists the drives capacity, model, firmware, serial number, amount of space used on the drive, estimated drive life and current drive health.
Hitting the drive detail tab on the summary panel, reveals many intimate details of your SSD and what it has been subjected to over its lifespan.
Selecting the quick diagnostic scan tab tests the basic functionality of your Intel SSD using a small sample of free space.
One of the most used functions of any SSD toolbox is to secure erase SSD's. It's nice to have this functionality because our go to program, Parted Magic, does not see NVMe SSD's and therefore we cannot use it to secure erase our Intel NVMe SSD's.
The Firmware Update tab allows you to update your drives firmware. Our 1.6TB DC P3700 is in need of a firmware update.
The S.M.A.R.T. tab lists all monitored attributes of your Intel SSD.
The system tuner tab checks certain settings and let's you know if your system is optimized for SSD's. Our system requires no adjustments other than enabling RST write-back caching on our SATA array.
Last but not least, we hit the System Information tab and the toolbox spits out information about our computer's OS, processor, and drive controllers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details, Test System Setup, Disk Properties]
- Page 3 [SSD Toolbox]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO, Anvil Storage Utilities, CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 8 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo market cap valuation now higher than Sony's
- LG's new 'world's first' 77-inch flexible 4K OLED teased
- GIGABYTE's new AMD EPYC motherboard supports 1TB of RAM
- AMD Radeon RX Vega price will be 'excellent'
- Bungie is making PC specific tweaks to Destiny 2
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller