EVGA is a well-known company specializing in NVIDIA video cards and consumer motherboards. Over the years, EVGA has delivered some of the most-anticipated motherboards, and they have recently stepped up their game in bringing consumer motherboards to market. EVGA is prepared to launch an X99 line-up with three models: the X99 Classified, X99 FTW, and X99 Micro.
EVGA has developed a fairly large fan base thanks to great customer service and overall reliability. To meet the needs of their ever-expanding fan base, EVGA is aiming to deliver products of the highest quality matched with the latest features at an affordable price. Personally, I am excited to see how this little Micro-ATX board performs.
The specifications from EVGA's website are a little vague; however, the board does carry many of the features I am interested in, like M.2 and a ton of backpanel USB ports. EVGA decided not to add many third party ICs to expand SATA and USB, which is a good thing in my opinion, especially on a Micro-ATX board where things can get tight. All of the connectivity comes from Intel controllers, with the exception of the audio, which uses a Realtek codec that works with the integrated Intel audio.
At just $245 (on Amazon.com), the X99 Micro is extremely competitive in price, especially since it's one of only a handful of Micro-ATX X99 motherboards available.
PRICING: You can find the X99 Micro for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The X99 Micro retails for $244.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99 Micro]
- Page 3 [X99 Micro Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Pixel 2 revealed in a new leak
- Hands-on Meizu Pro 7 photo shows secondary display
- BioWare dev confirms new Dragon Age game in development
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 450
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 specs leak: Dual camera, 3GB of RAM
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus