Lighting Up Your Life
Coming into this review, I didn't expect to have these feelings, but the Philips Hue Personal Wireless Lighting system has become a part of my everyday life. I have personalized times so that at 9AM I get the "concentration" scene, 11:30 enables "energize" and then at 7PM each night it goes into a "Deep Sea" scene. The ocean scene has all three lights going blue, which feels incredible when playing Battlefield 4 at night. At 11:45PM, I have all of the Hue Lamps turning off.
If I need some light at night when I'm working late, like I have been doing a lot of lately, I use another application called 'Hue Pro' which has a different set of presets, where I enable 'Deep Sea' which has two of the Hue Lamps going red, while the other turns blue. I find this is perfect for the darkness in my office, providing enough ambient light for me to see everything in my room clearly.
Here's a few snaps of my test bed from I was reviewing the Galaxy GeForce GTX 960 EXOC.
And again, this time with the beautiful InWin S-Frame chassis.
Other Hue Apps
The Hue system is very open, so there are countless apps that you can download and play with. The one that I found myself using the most was the Hue Pro app, which is very similar to the stock Hue app. Below, we'll have a look at the Hue Pro application and it's various features.
The Hue Pro looks better than the stock Hue application, where you can see each of the colors of the individual Hue Lamps before you enable the Preset.
In the Bulbs & Groups menu, you can turn the individual Hue Lamps off, or have them put into a group.
To the right of that we have Schedules, which I explained before. This is my personal setup.
At the bottom of the app, you can see that we have an option for a "Lava Lamp". Tapping this will have your Hue Lamps flowing through different colors, creating a very different experience than the stationary colors.
To the right, you can see there's a music option. Enabling this allows your Hue Lamps to morph to the feeling or sound of your music. This is an incredibly cool option for when you've got some friends over and want to create a totally unique look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4