All tests were run with 6 times FSAA and 16 times Antistrophic Filtering enabled with the screen resolution set to 1024 X 768.
When running these aggressive detail settings in 1600 x 1200, games really do become unplayable and if people are after image quality they will have to drop the resolution back down to reach playable levels.
1024x768 was chosen as it is still the preferred playable resolution with these settings enabled.
The 9800 XT has only managed to increase its lead over the 9800 PE when we enable high quality graphics settings.
Unreal Tournament 2004
The 9800 PE is just playable here in UT2004 at this level of graphics quality.
Simply put, the 9800 PE doesn't have enough power to run Doom 3 at this level of detail - even the more expensive 9800 XT is finding it hard to keep up.
Again we have a similar story between Doom 3 and Far Cry here - the 9800 PE just isn't built for this level of graphics quality with recent release games.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 1 [Introduction]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 2 [In The Box]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 3 [The Card and Overclocking]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 6 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Quality]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Overclocking]
- 9800 Platinum Edition - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards