Accessories and Documentation
For most Intel applications, you will need to use this back plate with thick rubber isolation pads and the top brackets. In this image we also included the LGA775 pre-load spacer, and the notice asking users to alternate screws when mounting the cooler.
The standoffs and thumbscrews at the top and sides of this image are used for all AMD and Intel applications except for LGA2011. For LGA2011 you need the four standoffs in the middle that screw into that socket, but the thumbscrews you see here are still used in that configuration.
Cryorig supplies this hardware for AMD users. There is a back plate that is covered in plastic to keep it isolated from the back of the motherboard. During installation, after using the universal standoffs, you would need to mount the top bracket; the top plate will compensate for socket orientation issues that other coolers may not account for.
Of course, there are other bits included in the kit as well. Not only do we get a well-written and illustrated set of instructions, but we also get a screwdriver, thermal paste, a y-splitter cable, and even that third set of fan clips in case you want to add a third fan to the mix.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cryorig R1 Universal CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD