Accessories and Documentation
For most Intel applications, you will need to use this back plate with thick rubber isolation pads and the top brackets. In this image we also included the LGA775 pre-load spacer, and the notice asking users to alternate screws when mounting the cooler.
The standoffs and thumbscrews at the top and sides of this image are used for all AMD and Intel applications except for LGA2011. For LGA2011 you need the four standoffs in the middle that screw into that socket, but the thumbscrews you see here are still used in that configuration.
Cryorig supplies this hardware for AMD users. There is a back plate that is covered in plastic to keep it isolated from the back of the motherboard. During installation, after using the universal standoffs, you would need to mount the top bracket; the top plate will compensate for socket orientation issues that other coolers may not account for.
Of course, there are other bits included in the kit as well. Not only do we get a well-written and illustrated set of instructions, but we also get a screwdriver, thermal paste, a y-splitter cable, and even that third set of fan clips in case you want to add a third fan to the mix.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cryorig R1 Universal CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni