Noctua NH-U9S CPU Cooler
Seeing the NH-U9S, or the lack of seeing anything behind that 92mm fan, should give you an idea of the size of this design. What we can see is that the fan is taller than the cooler and does a great job of covering the fins behind it.
By spinning the cooler around, we can see the fan clips wrap around the front of the fan, across its side, and finally clip into the first notch at the front of the cooler. The majority of the side is flat, with the exception of two spots where the fins are supported to keep spacing correct. The back is designed like the front edge.
Here we laid the cooler down to get a better view of the design at the back of the cooler. Both edges are similar in design, but here the sides support the fan, there is a lowered section in the middle with a saw-tooth pattern, and a final dip in the middle allows the cooler to be mounted.
The fin stack and the fan clip look and work the same on the NH-U9S as they did on the NH-D9L, so we can move lower on this cooler. Here we see three heat pipes very close together near the front of the cooler, and the pair at the back angle off; all of the heat pipes are staggered in the fins to maximize efficiency.
At the top of the NH-U9S we see the offset of the heat pipes as they run through the fin stack. We can also see the leading edge design and its similarity to the back, but since the cooler is offset, we don't need the deep groove for mounting it.
At the base of the cooler we find a plastic snap-on cover protecting the finish. We can also see the solder marks allowing for the best thermal transfer at both ends of the pipes.
Just like we saw when we looked at the base of the NH-D9L, this NH-U9S also has a convex base with a more finely polished surface than most other Noctua coolers. The milling lines are slightly visible, but the plating does fill the voids pretty well.
As we always do when the option presents itself, we added the aforementioned second fan to the cooler. With the additional fan, the NH-U9S is now 120mm deep, and since the cooler comes with an extra set of fan clips, it's almost asking you to add one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Noctua NH-U9S CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel