The Packaging & Box Contents
SAPPHIRE has always had good looking boxes for its VGA cards, with the trend continuing on the Radeon R9 290X 8GB Tri-X. Let's start with the front of the box.
As you can see, we have SAPPHIRE teasing the Tri-X cooler in the top right, while the 8GB of VRAM makes a splash in the bottom left.
On the back, we can see that SAPPHIRE has made a mistake here - on the right they have displayed the use of the R9 290X GPU, but the second box lists 'Fast Memory' and then SAPPHIRE explains that the card has "4GB of super-fast 512 bit GDDR5 memory" where it should say 8GB. Something small, but other than that we have a recap of the various features that the card is capable of.
The top and bottom of the box don't have much going on, with the bottom of the box telling us the display connectors, and system requirements.
Opening the box, we have some secure packaging for the card - something nice to see as usual from SAPPHIRE.
Inside of the box, we have a few goodies: a mouse mat, product registration, a driver installation CD, quick installation guide, HDMI cable and a point of contact for SAPPHIRE.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging & Box Contents]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Card Specifications & Cooling Setup]
- Page 5 [Testing Method & Test System Configuration]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Synthetic (3DMark and Heaven)]
- Page 7 [Game Benchmarks (1080p)]
- Page 8 [Game Benchmarks (1440p)]
- Page 9 [Performance - 4K]
- Page 10 [Performance Summary]
- Page 11 [Overclocking]
- Page 12 [Power Consumption, Sound Testing and Software]
- Page 13 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017