Cryorig C1 CPU Cooler
Beginning with this side of the C1, we see that there is a white plastic shroud used at the top of the fins, and we can also see the fins sticking out below it. The cross bar for mounting the cooler is already on the base, and the fins have holes to allow for easy mounting.
Here is a view of the front of the cooler. The shroud has the "cr" logo painted on it in silver, and at this angle the view of the fins shows they are black. Just under the fins we can also see that the pipes are very close together on this side, but we will discuss that in greater detail later.
Looking at the C1 from the opposing side, we find a mirror image of what the other side offered us. The only thing left to cover from this angle is that there is a partial view of the second cooler that hides under the larger main section.
On this end of the cooler, the shroud goes further down this side than the other sides. Here the shroud goes around the heat pipes. The spacing for the pipes is much wider here, as they spread the heat load through the main section of fins.
After flipping the C1 on its back, we see that there are plenty of support tabs in the fin array to keep the spacing correct without blocking much of the air flow. We also see that the base of the cooler is protected by a sticker, and you will need to remove the sticker prior to installation.
Now let's discuss why the pipes on the longer side have to be kept so close together. The pipes are set up this way due to the smaller all-black set of fins that (along with the U-shaped design of the fins) greatly increases the surface area that can be cooled at one time. Hopefully this set-up increases the efficiency of this cooler over other coolers of its type.
The base of the cooler has defined milling marks, as we can see in the reflection of the thumbscrews on the base. It is also slightly convex in the center with just a slight bit of deviation near the edges.
For those who are eager to see what the C1 looks like with the fan installed, we jumped ahead a bit to put the fan in place. All told, coming in a 74mm in height does make this cooler a great option for SFF chassis designs, and it will provide any motherboard with a wide cooling area that not only reaches the CPU, but the surrounding area as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cryorig C1 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Did you want a Nokia Android smartphone? Here are three!
- Huawei unveils the Watch 2 and Watch 2 Classic
- Enter the 'Doctor Strange' world in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Huawei unveils the P10 and P10 Plus
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand