The NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X in all its glory.
On the front of the Titan X, we have the same blower cooling system that we have on the reference GTX 970 and GTX 980 cards. Compared to the Titan Black Edition, we have black styling versus the gray used on the original Titan.
The biggest difference between the GTX 980 and the Titan X is that the Titan X does not have a backplate, which some people have scolded NVIDIA for so far. I think the omission is good, as the backplate on the GTX 980 gets incredibly hot, and with the full GM200 core and a huge 12GB of VRAM, you want to get rid of as much heat as possible - so removing the backplate is a good move by NVIDIA in my opinion. We'll talk about temperatures and the feel of the card and its performance in a future article.
Display output wise we have what is turning into the usual Maxwell outputs: three DisplayPort outputs, an HDMI 2.0 port and a dual-link DVI port.
One of the surprising things, even for me, is that the Titan X is capable of 4-way SLI. With 12GB of VRAM, a 4-way setup is going to be the best setup you can have in your PC. Sure, the VRAM doesn't combine, but with the first card having 12GB, you'll never, ever run into a situation where you're pushing anywhere close to 12GB of VRAM. However, 4-way SLI support with a full GM200 core and 12GB of VRAM? We are living in amazing times, #pcmasterrace.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel