SilverStone does a decent job providing cables for the ST75F-GS. There are four PCI-E connections and two EPS12V/ATX 4+4 connectors which will cover a majority of applications that this power supply will ever see. Peripherals are handled via four cables which provide a total of eight SATA, six Molex, and two FDD connectors.
I think it is time that we stop finding FDD connectors as part of a power supply. I've not seen a need for a floppy for years, and there are no reasons that a Molex to FDD connector cannot be included to cover any need for one for any legacy application.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Right away, you can see that this power supply is of older design and it has been retrofitted with a daughterboard for the modular connectors. That's not to say that it doesn't feature any newer technology, though, as it certainly does. The single heat sink, along with reduced component count help keep the unit cool as fresh air is able to reach all the way to the PCB without obstruction.
High quality Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors can be found on the primary side of the ST75F-GS.
The secondary side of the unit is littered with Taicon, Teapo, and Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors. Every time that we see Taicon and Teapo caps, the DC output quality of the unit suffers. I bet that this unit will be no different.
SilverStone uses the ADDA AD1212HS-A71GL 120mm fan to provide the active cooling for the ST75F-GS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Western Digital reveals new 12TB Helium He12 hard drives
- Tech companies team up to create Global VR Association
- Final Fantasy XV to get free major content updates
- Final Fantasy XV reportedly coming to PC in 2018
- Faraday Future unveils its first electric car next month
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel