SilverStone does a decent job providing cables for the ST75F-GS. There are four PCI-E connections and two EPS12V/ATX 4+4 connectors which will cover a majority of applications that this power supply will ever see. Peripherals are handled via four cables which provide a total of eight SATA, six Molex, and two FDD connectors.
I think it is time that we stop finding FDD connectors as part of a power supply. I've not seen a need for a floppy for years, and there are no reasons that a Molex to FDD connector cannot be included to cover any need for one for any legacy application.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Right away, you can see that this power supply is of older design and it has been retrofitted with a daughterboard for the modular connectors. That's not to say that it doesn't feature any newer technology, though, as it certainly does. The single heat sink, along with reduced component count help keep the unit cool as fresh air is able to reach all the way to the PCB without obstruction.
High quality Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors can be found on the primary side of the ST75F-GS.
The secondary side of the unit is littered with Taicon, Teapo, and Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors. Every time that we see Taicon and Teapo caps, the DC output quality of the unit suffers. I bet that this unit will be no different.
SilverStone uses the ADDA AD1212HS-A71GL 120mm fan to provide the active cooling for the ST75F-GS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 might be finished as Project Scorpio launch game
- Microsoft patents foldable smartphone
- Switch is all about 'playing games anywhere with anyone'
- Gabe Newell holding Reddit AmA tomorrow
- Stock Nintendo Switch JoyConGrip won't recharge JoyCons
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99