OCZ Vector 180 960GB SSD
The package for Vector 180 follows the tradition set by other OCZ products in the past.
OCZ printed the specifications and some of the features on the back of the package. This is useful in a retail environment when shopping for a SSD and allows customers to compare products.
Inside, we found a desktop adapter bracket, screws for mounting, three paper manuals, one with the activation code for Acronis True Image and the SSD.
Here we get our first look at the Vector 180. Our sample was an engineering test unit at point so it was well used. The retail drives will not have scratches on the top cover.
Vector 180 use the same metal case that other OCZ products have in the past. The case is a bit heavy, but it also doubles as a heat sink for the controller.
This side of the PCB doesn't reveal too much. The capacitor is on the other side. The Indilinx Barefoot 3 controller is in the middle of the other components.
There are sixteen NAND flash packages total, two DRAM packages and the bright orange capacitor that provides buffer flushing power in the case of a host power fail event.
Vector 180 uses the original M00 version of Barefoot 3. This version has a higher clock speed than the M10 version used on the Vertex series SSDs from OCZ.
The flash is from parent company Toshiba and is the new A19 19nm version.
Two DDR3 packages, one on each side of the controller, cache page table data.
The capacitor is made from tantalum, a substance 15x rarer than gold. Early Vector 180s shown to media at various shows appeared with several smaller tantalum capacitors, but the retail Vector 180 only sports a single capacitor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset