Developed by some folks from the University of Tokyo (yes, Japan), Super PI is a small utility that does just as the name implies. It figures PI to a set number of decimal places. Since PI is an infinite number to the right of the decimal point, the utility measures the time it takes to figure a set number of places. It runs the calculations a set number of times and gives a time for the completion of the task. This is a simple and effective way to measure the raw number crunching power of the processor being used to compile the results.
This test doesn't really simulate anything you'll likely do with it, but it is a decent test to show how well a processor can crunch numbers. During this test I had the machines compute PI to 8 million decimal places and repeat the operation 22 times. The end result is the time it took for each processor to complete the task.
The Athlon FX was able to knock a minute and 13 seconds off the time of the Athlon XP box, showing a 17% increase in performance. So far we've been seeing some significant increases when using the Athlon 64 based processor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AMD FX-53 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 2 [The Processor]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setups]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - MadOnion/Futuremark]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - AquaMark3]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - UT 2004]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni