Developed by some folks from the University of Tokyo (yes, Japan), Super PI is a small utility that does just as the name implies. It figures PI to a set number of decimal places. Since PI is an infinite number to the right of the decimal point, the utility measures the time it takes to figure a set number of places. It runs the calculations a set number of times and gives a time for the completion of the task. This is a simple and effective way to measure the raw number crunching power of the processor being used to compile the results.
This test doesn't really simulate anything you'll likely do with it, but it is a decent test to show how well a processor can crunch numbers. During this test I had the machines compute PI to 8 million decimal places and repeat the operation 22 times. The end result is the time it took for each processor to complete the task.
The Athlon FX was able to knock a minute and 13 seconds off the time of the Athlon XP box, showing a 17% increase in performance. So far we've been seeing some significant increases when using the Athlon 64 based processor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AMD FX-53 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 2 [The Processor]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setups]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - MadOnion/Futuremark]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - AquaMark3]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - UT 2004]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook & Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
- Export Mailboxes from Exchange Server EDB to PST for Outlook 2013, 2016, 2010, 2007
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design
- Razer to launch paid to play initiative to reward fans for playing games