SiSoft Sandra 2004 Professional
SiSoft Sandra (System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) 2004 SP2 is a synthetic Windows benchmark that features different tests used to evaluate different PC subsystems.
There are two different test utilities you can run when testing processors under Sandra. The first test is called an Arithmetic Benchmark and tests the processor's ability to handle numerical and floating-point calculations. The numeric tests are measured in MIPS (Millions of Instructions Per Second) and the floating-point tests are measured in MFLOPS (Millions of FLoating-point OPerations per Second). A quick look at the graph shows a very noticeable increase in performance when raw number crunching is utilized, but a more meager improvement when dealing with floating-point operations. The numbers work out to a 28% increase under the arithmetic tests and a 6% increase in the floating-point testing phase.
The second set of tests is called a Multi-Media Benchmark and tests the processor's ability to handle data commonly used in multi-media presentations. It does so by generating a picture of the Mandelbrot fractal using various iterations of each data pixel. The results show how well a tested processor handles these tasks. A comparison between our overclocked Athlon XP and the Athlon 64 shows a 10% and 15% increase respectively for the integer and floating-point aspects of this test.
So far it seems that the Athlon FX is holding its own with no troubles, but there are a lot of tests to go so lets see how well it does with the Futuremark series of benchmarking utilities.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AMD FX-53 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 2 [The Processor]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setups]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - MadOnion/Futuremark]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - AquaMark3]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - UT 2004]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple could launch the iPhone 8 and iPhone 7S this year
- Lenovo confirms smaller battery for the Moto Z2 Play
- First images of Nokia's upcoming flagship leak
- Rare Apple-1 computer from 1976 auctioned for $130,000
- Facebook rolling out 'Order Food' option
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning