When it comes to building your own enthusiast system, the processor has to be considered one of the most vital components. Sure there are numerous other parts and pieces that greatly affect the overall performance, but for sheer speed and power the processor is what it all boils down to.
If you ask any group of gamers and enthusiasts what processor is the so-called "cream of the crop", you will more than likely have two separate groups on your hands with one voting for Intel and the other voting AMD. While we're not here today to discuss this topic, we are here to try to figure out if a certain processor is worthy of the incredibly high price tag.
The processor in question is none other than the AMD Athlon 64 FX-53 which is clocked at 2.4GHz. Being an AMD man for several years now, many folks have wondered what kind of performance you can really expect when upgrading to this pricey monster. We're here to try to help answer your questions and figure out if this new powerhouse has what it takes to make the avid gamer shell out nearly US$800 for a single processor!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AMD FX-53 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 2 [The Processor]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setups]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra 2004]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - MadOnion/Futuremark]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - AquaMark3]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Super PI]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - UT 2004]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- AMD FX-53 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- Josh had never was built with a dog
- TMs subject inside of original Day selection when compared you and me
- PRLog august
- to put it accurately
- Helical tape drs depend upon continuous a record understanding due to
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines