GIGABYTE's UEFI is a bit different than every other UEFI I have used. For starters, they try to give you as many options as possible; there are basically three different operating modes, which can be confusing.
The first is when you enter the UEFI, it's very basic, and then you can hit F2 and go to the BIOS I use, the gray one. However, there is an orange themed BIOS in there as well, but the gray one is more usable. The UEFI at this point is more polished than it was at release, and everything seems to function fine.
I would like to see better fan control options in the UEFI, but overall, it's a working UEFI without the bugs that GIGABYTE's X79 series had.
This is GIGABYTE's EasyTune software which is meant for novice overclockers to use to employ simple overclocks. Attached to it is SIV or System Information Viewer which helps you view all the system statistics.
The X99-Gaming 5 comes with many other programs; Fast Boot, Smart TimeLock, Smart Recovery 2, @BIOS, Ambient LED, V-Tuner, and APP Center.
I find that the most useful overclocking software is the most lightweight, and the X99-Gaming 5 has GIGABYTE Tweak Launcher (GTL).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-Gaming 5]
- Page 3 [X99-Gaming 5 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse