GIGABYTE's UEFI is a bit different than every other UEFI I have used. For starters, they try to give you as many options as possible; there are basically three different operating modes, which can be confusing.
The first is when you enter the UEFI, it's very basic, and then you can hit F2 and go to the BIOS I use, the gray one. However, there is an orange themed BIOS in there as well, but the gray one is more usable. The UEFI at this point is more polished than it was at release, and everything seems to function fine.
I would like to see better fan control options in the UEFI, but overall, it's a working UEFI without the bugs that GIGABYTE's X79 series had.
This is GIGABYTE's EasyTune software which is meant for novice overclockers to use to employ simple overclocks. Attached to it is SIV or System Information Viewer which helps you view all the system statistics.
The X99-Gaming 5 comes with many other programs; Fast Boot, Smart TimeLock, Smart Recovery 2, @BIOS, Ambient LED, V-Tuner, and APP Center.
I find that the most useful overclocking software is the most lightweight, and the X99-Gaming 5 has GIGABYTE Tweak Launcher (GTL).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-Gaming 5]
- Page 3 [X99-Gaming 5 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SpaceX plans first launch since September's explosion
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset