GIGABYTE's UEFI is a bit different than every other UEFI I have used. For starters, they try to give you as many options as possible; there are basically three different operating modes, which can be confusing.
The first is when you enter the UEFI, it's very basic, and then you can hit F2 and go to the BIOS I use, the gray one. However, there is an orange themed BIOS in there as well, but the gray one is more usable. The UEFI at this point is more polished than it was at release, and everything seems to function fine.
I would like to see better fan control options in the UEFI, but overall, it's a working UEFI without the bugs that GIGABYTE's X79 series had.
This is GIGABYTE's EasyTune software which is meant for novice overclockers to use to employ simple overclocks. Attached to it is SIV or System Information Viewer which helps you view all the system statistics.
The X99-Gaming 5 comes with many other programs; Fast Boot, Smart TimeLock, Smart Recovery 2, @BIOS, Ambient LED, V-Tuner, and APP Center.
I find that the most useful overclocking software is the most lightweight, and the X99-Gaming 5 has GIGABYTE Tweak Launcher (GTL).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-Gaming 5]
- Page 3 [X99-Gaming 5 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017