Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
The GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC has a great factory overclock, but it still had some wiggle room for an overclock that we were able to perform. We cranked the factory overclock on the Base Clock from 1266MHz to 1380MHz, which resulted in the Boost Clock being pushed up from 1329MHz to 1443MHz.
We weren't able to shift the RAM speed up that much, but when we did we didn't see a shift in our results, so we kept it at 7010MHz. Let's get into the results of this overclock on the GTX 960 EXOC.
Starting our overclocking part of the GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC with Battlefield 4 at 1440p and its Medium preset, where we see the minimum frame rate jump up from 74FPS to 81FPS and the average from 101FPS to 109FPS. Not bad for free.
The same can't be said for the Ultra (minus AA) results, where the average jumps from 71FPS to 72FPS - a single frame per second. But, the minimum FPS which is just as important, leaps from 40FPS to 51FPS - a great result.
Metro: Last Light
Metro: Last Light always benefits from the overclock on our video cards, with the GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC being no exception. We see the average FPS jump up 10%, from 34FPS to 37FPS.
Heaven - 1440p
I expected more from Heaven and our overclock, but the minimum FPS stays the same at 14FPS, while the average FPS slumps over by a single frame per second, to 30FPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4