Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
The GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC has a great factory overclock, but it still had some wiggle room for an overclock that we were able to perform. We cranked the factory overclock on the Base Clock from 1266MHz to 1380MHz, which resulted in the Boost Clock being pushed up from 1329MHz to 1443MHz.
We weren't able to shift the RAM speed up that much, but when we did we didn't see a shift in our results, so we kept it at 7010MHz. Let's get into the results of this overclock on the GTX 960 EXOC.
Starting our overclocking part of the GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC with Battlefield 4 at 1440p and its Medium preset, where we see the minimum frame rate jump up from 74FPS to 81FPS and the average from 101FPS to 109FPS. Not bad for free.
The same can't be said for the Ultra (minus AA) results, where the average jumps from 71FPS to 72FPS - a single frame per second. But, the minimum FPS which is just as important, leaps from 40FPS to 51FPS - a great result.
Metro: Last Light
Metro: Last Light always benefits from the overclock on our video cards, with the GALAX GeForce GTX 960 EXOC being no exception. We see the average FPS jump up 10%, from 34FPS to 37FPS.
Heaven - 1440p
I expected more from Heaven and our overclock, but the minimum FPS stays the same at 14FPS, while the average FPS slumps over by a single frame per second, to 30FPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Horned Owl' APU arrives in 2017
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One Review
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now