With the C7Z97-OCE, Supermicro is dipping their toes into the pool of enthusiast motherboards aimed at gamers and overclockers. Nevertheless, it's a hard segment to get into, but Supermicro is backed by decades of experience when it comes to motherboard design. Supermicro is a key player in the server industry, with a reputation for quality and reliability.
The C7Z97-OCE is meant to meet the demand for a reliable board with good performance at an affordable price. Today, I will put it through our new motherboard review tests. Many of you have noticed that we haven't had many motherboard reviews lately, and that is because I was setting up what I feel is a realistic testing environment.
Since this is my first motherboard review at TweakTown, I will input a little bit about the tests and how they are done as we go forward.
This board is actually equipped with a wide range of storage options including M.2 and SATA DOM. It carries dual Intel NICs and it also supports USB 3.1 through the ASMedia USB 3.0 controller which can be outfitted with dual PCI-E 1x lanes for 10Gb/s bandwidth.
At $195 on Newegg, the C7Z97-OCE is very competitively priced compared to other options. It provides a nice feature set with server grade parts.
PRICING: You can find the Supermicro C7Z97-OCE for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Supermicro C7Z97-OCE retails for $236.71 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the C7Z97-OCE]
- Page 3 [C7Z97-OCE Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [The BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Next iPhone might not be that spectacular after all...
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD