With the C7Z97-OCE, Supermicro is dipping their toes into the pool of enthusiast motherboards aimed at gamers and overclockers. Nevertheless, it's a hard segment to get into, but Supermicro is backed by decades of experience when it comes to motherboard design. Supermicro is a key player in the server industry, with a reputation for quality and reliability.
The C7Z97-OCE is meant to meet the demand for a reliable board with good performance at an affordable price. Today, I will put it through our new motherboard review tests. Many of you have noticed that we haven't had many motherboard reviews lately, and that is because I was setting up what I feel is a realistic testing environment.
Since this is my first motherboard review at TweakTown, I will input a little bit about the tests and how they are done as we go forward.
This board is actually equipped with a wide range of storage options including M.2 and SATA DOM. It carries dual Intel NICs and it also supports USB 3.1 through the ASMedia USB 3.0 controller which can be outfitted with dual PCI-E 1x lanes for 10Gb/s bandwidth.
At $195 on Newegg, the C7Z97-OCE is very competitively priced compared to other options. It provides a nice feature set with server grade parts.
PRICING: You can find the Supermicro C7Z97-OCE for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Supermicro C7Z97-OCE retails for $236.71 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the C7Z97-OCE]
- Page 3 [C7Z97-OCE Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [The BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now