I had the opportunity to use some high quality Kingston HyperX Impact (8GB) DDR3L rated at 1600MHz and two SSDs.
The first SSD is Intel's 530 360GB M.2 drive which is a mainstream part, and Samsung's XP941 240GB which is an enthusiast part. I have separated results for both in storage testing, system testing, and thermal testing as storage makes a noticeable difference in those tests.
I also decided to toss in an Ultrabook into the benchmarks, the Ultrabook is a GIGABYTE U2442N which features a dual-core Ivy Bridge CPU and a dedicated NVIDIA GT 640M for comparison.
CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
PCMark8 Home Test
PCMark8 Work Test
The Intel NUC5i5RYK and the Ivy Bridge based Ultrabook are very close, despite the fact that the NUC5i5RYK draws half the power and that the Ivy Bridge CPU runs faster than the i5-5250U. Memory performance of the NUC5i5RYK is very impressive as well.
UNIGINE Heaven 4.0
Lost Planet 2 DX11
Resident Evil 6
The Intel NUC5i5RYK has HD6000 graphics, but the Ultrabook is using a GT640M, which is a discrete graphics adapter which accounts for the Ultrabook coming out ahead. However, the UNIGINE results are interesting as the HD6000 beats the GT640M.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Huawei will unveil their concept phone on December 16th
- Cassini shows first images of Saturn from new orbit
- Doom update adds Infernal Run mode, multiplayer bots
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel