I had the opportunity to use some high quality Kingston HyperX Impact (8GB) DDR3L rated at 1600MHz and two SSDs.
The first SSD is Intel's 530 360GB M.2 drive which is a mainstream part, and Samsung's XP941 240GB which is an enthusiast part. I have separated results for both in storage testing, system testing, and thermal testing as storage makes a noticeable difference in those tests.
I also decided to toss in an Ultrabook into the benchmarks, the Ultrabook is a GIGABYTE U2442N which features a dual-core Ivy Bridge CPU and a dedicated NVIDIA GT 640M for comparison.
CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks
AIDA64 AES and HASH
PCMark8 Home Test
PCMark8 Work Test
The Intel NUC5i5RYK and the Ivy Bridge based Ultrabook are very close, despite the fact that the NUC5i5RYK draws half the power and that the Ivy Bridge CPU runs faster than the i5-5250U. Memory performance of the NUC5i5RYK is very impressive as well.
UNIGINE Heaven 4.0
Lost Planet 2 DX11
Resident Evil 6
The Intel NUC5i5RYK has HD6000 graphics, but the Ultrabook is using a GT640M, which is a discrete graphics adapter which accounts for the Ultrabook coming out ahead. However, the UNIGINE results are interesting as the HD6000 beats the GT640M.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes