When I first started out at TweakTown over four years ago now, one of my first reviews was an AC Ryan media player, and till this day, I still have two of them - one in each of my living rooms. They're great players with an excellent and simple UI, which playback everything I throw at them over my NAS without an issue.
Fast forward to the end of 2014, where they reached out to me asking if I'd like to take a look at their new Veolo 4K player, as they knew I was a big fan of their previous units, and an even bigger fan of 4K content. Of course, I said yes. While there's not much 4K content out there, I do have 4K-capable cameras that I use thanks to my Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone and GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition.
This gives me the ability to shoot 4K video and play it back on the media player, and thankfully I have a bunch of 4K-capable TVs and monitors to use, too. For the purposes of the review, I'm using my Seiki Digital 39-inch 4K TV.
Inside of the AC Ryan Veolo 4K, we have an RK3299 Ultra Cortex-A17 quad-core SoC, 16GB of NAND flash storage, and 2GB of RAM. The quad-core processor is clocked at 1.8GHz, giving it plenty of grunt, considering its size. We have a Mali-T764 quad-core GPU with OpenGL ES 3.0, OpenCL 1.1 and DX11 support. On the software side of things, the Veolo 4K is running Android 4.4 KitKat.
Pricing & Availability
When it comes to pricing, AC Ryan has priced it quite well considering its specifications, quality, and the inclusion of a quality, versatile remote control. That's not even getting into how versatile the Veolo 4K media player itself is, thanks to it being powered by Android.
The Veolo 4K media player is available directly from AC Ryan's website for $249 Singapore Dollars, which is equal to $199. For under $200, this is a great unit, which we're going to talk about very soon. As for availability, the unit is available right now on AC Ryan's website.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Box Contents, A Closer Look & The Remote Control]
- Page 3 [Interface & Setup]
- Page 4 [Using the AC Ryan Veolo 4K Media Player - Where You At, 4K?]
- Page 5 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- The first sign of Kaby Lake X: the Intel Core i7-7740K
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse