Overclocking - Let's See How Far We Can Go
This was the part of the review I was looking forward to most, seeing just how far we could push the MSI GeForce GTX 960 GAMING 2G OC Edition video card. With a stock GPU clock of 1216MHz, Boost clock of 1279MHz and Memory clock of 1753MHz, we had some good results on the MSI card.
We were able to drive up the GPU clock to 1340MHz, a respectable 124MHz increase. The Boost moved from 1279MHz to 1403MHz. No change to the power settings were applied, or the fan speeds. The card remained completely silent, which doesn't surprise us. Now, onto the overclocked performance in some of our benchmarks.
Testing Battlefield 4 out once again at 1440p on the Medium preset, we see an increase from 80FPS average to 103FPS. This allows the card to compete much better against the EVGA GTX 960, getting close to its 105FPS average. The minimum FPS also increases dramatically, from 58FPS to 84FPS.
Battlefield 4 with its Ultra preset (AA disabled) sees a nice improvement from the overclock on the MSI GeForce GTX 960 GAMING 2G OC Edition. We scale from 58FPS average, to 65FPS average.
Metro: Last Light
Metro: Last Light also sees a nice bump, jumping up from 32FPS to 34FPS with our overclock.
Heaven - 1440p
The overclock on our MSI card also provides Heaven with nearly 10% more performance, with 28FPS average versus 26FPS at stock speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid graphics card
- ARM announces new CPUs and GPU at Computex 2017
- ASUS leaks its own Strix X299-E motherboard
- You've less than 7 days to enter our 'Rings' giveaway!
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017