Netgear ships the GSS108E in a full retail package.
Netgear goes into a lot of detail on the package to show different ways to mount the Click Switch.
In the package, you will find an Installation Guide, and a software disk that contains the ProSAFE Plus Configuration software and a digital installation guide.
In the package, you also receive the switch, special power cord, the mounting bracket, and two Velco like straps.
Here we get our first look at the GSS108E eight-port switch.
This model has two USB ports for charging devices, and eight gigabit Ethernet ports. On the far right side of the ports, a green LED shows when the switch is powered on, and each port has two LEDs. One LED shows connectivity, and the other shows activity.
One of the main features is on display here. The power cable can be rotated to face the bottom of the switch, or out of the side.
On the back side of the switch, we found a factory default button recessed inside the switch.
The bracket is just as important on this product as the switch is. This is the side that faces the wall or desk. Two rubber pads keep the bracket from marking the wall, but also keep the switch from moving around on a desktop.
Mounting options for this switch include using the supplied screws to secure the bracket to a solid object, or using the slots at the top and bottom for Velcro straps or zip ties.
Here we see the supplied Velcro straps through the tabs.
The Velcro strips can also act as straps for cords. A hole on one end allows users to put screws through the strips.
Here we see the switch mounted to the bracket facing outward.
The switch can be mounted to the bracket two ways. Tabs shown above allow you to mount the switch with the ports facing outward, or parallel with the mounting surface.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Netgear GSS108E]
- Page 3 [Inside the Configuration Menu]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni