Netgear ships the GSS108E in a full retail package.
Netgear goes into a lot of detail on the package to show different ways to mount the Click Switch.
In the package, you will find an Installation Guide, and a software disk that contains the ProSAFE Plus Configuration software and a digital installation guide.
In the package, you also receive the switch, special power cord, the mounting bracket, and two Velco like straps.
Here we get our first look at the GSS108E eight-port switch.
This model has two USB ports for charging devices, and eight gigabit Ethernet ports. On the far right side of the ports, a green LED shows when the switch is powered on, and each port has two LEDs. One LED shows connectivity, and the other shows activity.
One of the main features is on display here. The power cable can be rotated to face the bottom of the switch, or out of the side.
On the back side of the switch, we found a factory default button recessed inside the switch.
The bracket is just as important on this product as the switch is. This is the side that faces the wall or desk. Two rubber pads keep the bracket from marking the wall, but also keep the switch from moving around on a desktop.
Mounting options for this switch include using the supplied screws to secure the bracket to a solid object, or using the slots at the top and bottom for Velcro straps or zip ties.
Here we see the supplied Velcro straps through the tabs.
The Velcro strips can also act as straps for cords. A hole on one end allows users to put screws through the strips.
Here we see the switch mounted to the bracket facing outward.
The switch can be mounted to the bracket two ways. Tabs shown above allow you to mount the switch with the ports facing outward, or parallel with the mounting surface.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Netgear GSS108E]
- Page 3 [Inside the Configuration Menu]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- ASUS hints dual camera in 1st official ZenFone 4 teaser
- Samsung reportedly decides on the Galaxy S9 screen size
- ASUS X399 ROG Zenith Extreme: ThreadRipper BEAST BOARD
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4