The specifications for the MD60-SC0 are typical for a server motherboard, and include four PCIe slots, two mini-SAS ports, ten SATA ports, and three high-speed GbE LAN ports for network connections. The MD60-SC0 also includes a dedicated management LAN port.
Here we see a detailed block diagram showing how all of the input/output ports connect to different chips on the motherboard.
Here we get our first look at the MD60-SC0 server motherboard. The bottom half of the motherboard is dominated by the CPU sockets and RAM slots that stretch clear across the board from side to side. The orientation of the sockets allows the best cooling possible with a fan bar right in front of this area. Here is the full list of connections and headers found on the MD60-SC0:
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 2 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connectors
- 8 x SAS 6Gb/s ports
- 2 x SATA III 6Gb/s ports
- 2 x Mini-SAS cable connectors
- 2 x CPU fan headers
- 5 x System fan headers
- 1 x USB 3.0 header
- 1 x Serial header
- 1 x TPM header
- 1 x Front panel header
- 2 x LAN activity LED headers
- 1 x HDD back plane board header
- 2 x SAS SGPIO headers
- 1 x Chassis intrusion header
- 1 x Management LAN port link LED header
- 1 x Management LAN port active LED header
- 1 x PMBus connector
- 1 x IPMB connector
- 2 x SATA DOM support jumpers
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x ME update jumper
- 1 x Clearing supervisor password jumper
- 1 x BIOS recovery jumper
- 1 x ME recovery jumper
- 1 x S3 power-on select jumper
- 1 x Intel / LSI software RAID key jumper
- 1 x Force to stop FRB timer jumper
Here we see the PCIe slots, which are:
- 2x PCIe x16 (Gen3 x16 bus) slots
- 2x PCIe x8 (Gen3 x8 bus) slot
- 2x Mini-SAS cable connector which support SATA3 6Gb/s
- 1x Mezzanine card Type T (Gen3 x8 bus) on the left edge
- 2x SATA 3 6Gb/s connector (Red)
Our sample came equipped with a CRA220-8 add-on SAS card, which you can see on the left edge.
Now we are looking at the upper right side of the motherboard. Right above the square heat sink for the 10GbE Intel 82599ES Network Controller, we have a 10GbE QFSP+ LAN port (Intel 82599ES) supporting dual 10GbE SFP+ output via splitter cable. To the left of that, there are two GbE LAN ports (Intel I350-AM2), with one 10/100/1000 management LAN next to that.
Here we are looking at the lower left section of the motherboard. Along the right-hand edge of the motherboard, we find eight SAS 6Gb/s connectors (GIGABYTE extension card required), then the usual power connectors and fan headers along the front edge of the board.
The lower right side of the motherboard has the main 24-pin power connector at the bottom edge on the motherboard.
Now we are looking at the back I/O ports. At the left, we see a PS/2 mouse/keyboard port with two USB 3.0 ports below. The next stack is a serial port above a video port, and after that is the 40 Gbps QSFP LAN port. The next stack has a Gigabit LAN port with two USB 2.0 ports below. The following two stacks have a Gigabit LAN port, and two USB 3.0 ports below. The final stack has a KVM Server Management Mbps LAN Dedicated LAN port.
As an optional accessory, our MD60-SC0 came equipped with a CRA220-8 SAS 6Gb/s add-on card. This card supports a LSI SAS 2308 controller, and is a Mezzanine card Type T (Gen3 x8 bus), which fits into the slots on the left edge of the board. This card provides support for the eight blue 8x SAS 6Gb/s connectors on the left edge of the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 might be finished as Project Scorpio launch game
- Microsoft patents foldable smartphone
- Switch is all about 'playing games anywhere with anyone'
- Gabe Newell holding Reddit AmA tomorrow
- Stock Nintendo Switch JoyConGrip won't recharge JoyCons
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99