We are starting to receive GIGABYTE server motherboards that support Haswell-EP E5-2600 v3 processors and DDR4 memory. Today we have our first sample, a storage centric board sporting dual CPUs and a large number of storage options.
Besides the usual performance gains of moving to a Haswell-EP platform, GIGABYTE has added some of its own improvements to its board designs. The improvements GIGABYTE has made include an all IR power design that uses IRPowlRstage IC controllers, OS-CON capacitors for long life, and high-end ferrite core chokes for stable power delivery.
There is also an interesting Easy BIOS update capability that allows you to flash the BIOS without utilities, CPUs installed, or even memory and power. This update can even be done over your IPMI interface, and allows multiple board updates simultaneously with a simple command line.
GIGABYTE has also updated its IPMI web interface to 2.0, which adds even more remote access features. Now, let's check out the new GIGABYTE MD60-SC0 server motherboard.
Here we see the front of the retail box for the MD60-SC0. This is just like several other boxes we have seen from GIGABYTE, and the only marking that indicates what motherboard is inside is a white sticker on the side. The box itself has nice, clean graphics that can be used for many different types of motherboards; this helps to lower production costs, which is great.
Just like we saw on the front of the box, here we see the same generic design on the back that we have seen with several GIGABYTE products.
The insides are rather simple; there is foam padding to protect the motherboard on all sides and the motherboard is wrapped in anti-static bag for additional protection.
After removing the motherboard and foam inserts, we found a cardboard insert holding the accessories. Our sample board came with a few extra accessories that you would not normally get with this kit. These are the accessories listed on the GIGABYTE website:
- 1 x Driver CD
- 1 x I/O shield
- 1 x User manual
- 2 x SATA III 6Gb/s cables
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now