Let's dig deeper
As mentioned before, this headset offers a nice and light-feeling package when compared to other headsets I've used in the recent past (Tt eSPORTS Dracco Captain and Tt eSPORTS Shock 3D 7.1 in particular), however, when wearing the headset in order for me to take some photos, the first thing my girlfriend said was "wow, these are pretty heavy".
Using an over-the-ear circular ear cup design, I haven't had any major discomfort or 'hot ear' issues when gaming and working for up to 10 hours at a time (with short breaks). However, because the ear cups are made of cloth and not leather, you may have some issues when taking off and putting on the headset repeatedly - this is due to cloth material being more abrasive when rubbed on your ears and head.
But oh boy, that headband. Not only does it make this headset look like it's worth over double its retail price, it's also the most comfortable regular style headband I've used in my life. The silky soft leather provides brilliant cushioning for long gaming sessions, adding greatly to the overall comfort of this headset.
The microphone is easily detachable, as mentioned before, and offers an easy-to-bend design, meaning you can confirm it to your needs. This is a much better option than seen on most other manufacturer's microphone booms, with this creating almost 100% flexibility with no worry of breaking the internals.
Overall, the only real improvement I would like to see CM Storm make is to add leather ear cups into the mix, even if it makes the headset cost an extra $5 in-store.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MacBook Pro GPU issues caused by software, not AMD
- HP's new supercomputer is 8000x faster than your PC
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset