Let's dig deeper
As mentioned before, this headset offers a nice and light-feeling package when compared to other headsets I've used in the recent past (Tt eSPORTS Dracco Captain and Tt eSPORTS Shock 3D 7.1 in particular), however, when wearing the headset in order for me to take some photos, the first thing my girlfriend said was "wow, these are pretty heavy".
Using an over-the-ear circular ear cup design, I haven't had any major discomfort or 'hot ear' issues when gaming and working for up to 10 hours at a time (with short breaks). However, because the ear cups are made of cloth and not leather, you may have some issues when taking off and putting on the headset repeatedly - this is due to cloth material being more abrasive when rubbed on your ears and head.
But oh boy, that headband. Not only does it make this headset look like it's worth over double its retail price, it's also the most comfortable regular style headband I've used in my life. The silky soft leather provides brilliant cushioning for long gaming sessions, adding greatly to the overall comfort of this headset.
The microphone is easily detachable, as mentioned before, and offers an easy-to-bend design, meaning you can confirm it to your needs. This is a much better option than seen on most other manufacturer's microphone booms, with this creating almost 100% flexibility with no worry of breaking the internals.
Overall, the only real improvement I would like to see CM Storm make is to add leather ear cups into the mix, even if it makes the headset cost an extra $5 in-store.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD trademarks Kyzen, Aragon, Promethean & CoreAmp
- Oukitel announces K10000 Pro with 10,000 mAh battery
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017