Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO CPU Cooler
Starting at the head unit, we find a more contoured and rounded design to the squared off head unit. All of the plastic is textured with the exception of a backlit logo centered in the top of the head unit; when the unit is powered, the logo glows brightly from the white LEDs under it.
The Nepton 240M uses plastic ninety-degree swivel fittings, and they are a bit stiff and tougher to orient. Since the tubing has to be enlarged to stretch over the fittings, the corrugated plastic starts after the fitting at both ends.
On the opposite side of the fittings, the power lead comes out very near the bottom of the head unit. The nine inch run of cable is sleeved, and terminates in a four-pin connection with only three wires running through it.
Under the head unit, we find Cooler Master has protected the base from accidental scratches and potential oxidation with this clear sticker that must be removed prior to installation.
The base is left in a roughly milled state, it is convex, and it definitely deflects more at the edges. Also, in the plastic at the top and bottom of the plate, we see two holes that will secure the mounting hardware.
Between the radiator and the head unit, we found this kit comes with thirteen inches of tubing. While certainly not the longest on the market, it will afford plenty of length to get this radiator installed without pulling on the tubing.
The tubing on the radiator end of the AIO is handled the same way as it is with the head unit, as expected. Cooler Master also went with a larger fill port on their radiator, and the sticker near it plainly states that tampering with it will not bode well for any warranty claims.
It doesn't take a tape measure in front of this radiator to see this design also uses the high FPI radiator design. This is why the fans need such a high static pressure rating to do any good with the design. We also notice that unlike those designs with offsets built into the radiator, this design has no stop plate for the fan screws, so be careful not to damage the fins.
The side of the radiator has a side plate riveted to it, and this gives Cooler Master the opportunity to print the name of the cooler here in white paint so that it stands out inside of the chassis, even if it is an unlit chassis.
Before we get too far into the hardware and the build process, we did want to add the fans and the gasket to show the Nepton 240M almost ready to go into any system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master Nepton 240M AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Pixel 2 revealed in a new leak
- Hands-on Meizu Pro 7 photo shows secondary display
- BioWare dev confirms new Dragon Age game in development
- Qualcomm unveils Snapdragon 450
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro 2 specs leak: Dual camera, 3GB of RAM
- BIOSTAR X370GTN Gaming Motherboard Review
- Intel Optane in RAID 0 - World's Fastest System Disk
- GIGABYTE Z270X-Designare Motherboard Review
- Intel SSD 5 545s 512GB SATA III SSD Review
- AMD launches the world's fastest graphics card for machine learning development and advanced visualization workloads, Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, available now
- Toshiba develops world's first QLC BiCS FLASH 3D memory with 4-Bit-Per-Cell technology
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus