Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
We began testing with our 4770K at stock speeds, but upon limiting the fan's voltage manually, we found that the Macho 90 delivered a 55 degree result. While that's not the best on the list by any means, at this point, we do have to address the fact that this cooler is almost dead silent in this test run.
Our initial impressions were thrown out of the window, as on paper, this cooler had us thinking it may fail this series of tests all together. We are pleasantly surprised to see that with only 40 CFM of air flow at this point, we were still able to tame a very healthy overclock with the Macho 90 as well.
Noise Level Results
When we mentioned the cooler was nearly silent at stock, we were not kidding. A foot away from the cooler, we took the 25dB rating you see in the chart, and outside of a foot from the chassis, the fan on the Macho 90 could not be heard over other sources of noise in the system.
Even with the fan set free to do its worst in noise production, we like that it only goes up to 47dB. Not only does it compare well to more expensive solutions, but considering low noise is not associated with a 92mm fan in general, this result is pretty impressive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermalright Macho90 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gamestop: we'll be chasing Switch supply this whole year
- Samsung store catches fire ahead of the Galaxy S8 launch
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design