Syber Gaming Vapor A
The system comes in a very nice retail friendly package. It would be great to see these in a retail store for easy pickup. Best Buy lists all three Syber Gaming configurations on the bestbuy.com website, but we don't know of any stores with stock at the time of writing.
Inside, we found everything packaged well with several layers of protection for the components inside.
The main system rests in the middle of the case with great protection at the corners of the box. The systems are double boxed, with an outer shipping box protecting the package you see here.
The Logitech game controller and small accessory bits are in a small box, away from the main system.
Purchasers get a receipt with a list of the components used in the system, as well as three paper manuals.
Here we see the accessories laid out. You will get a charging cable for the Logitech controller, two USB dongles (one for each device), two antennas for the onboard Wi-Fi / Bluetooth, a USB receiver extension cable, as well as the controller and keyboard / touchpad input device.
Here we get our first look at the CyberPowerPC Syber Gaming Vapor A system with a white case. When the system is off, you can't see the multicolored, Tron-like lighting strips. The color of the lighting strips is user controllable.
We found the power button on the front panel, along with a single USB 2.0 port, and dual USB 3.0 ports. The system also has front connections for headphones and a microphone.
The lighting strips go across the front of the system on the top and bottom, giving the system a distinct look.
As mentioned previously, the Vapor allows air to pass through the system in several places. With this approach, air doesn't need to pass through the system at high speeds, so there isn't any noise or whine from the airflow. This also allows the system to run cool, so the CPU and GPU fans can run at lower speeds, which further reduces noise.
Here we found the color control button for the front lighting strips. Users can choose between a number of colors, or even choose to turn the lights off.
The back of the system looks like a traditional PC with connectors for several devices.
The motherboard connectors allow users to connect Wi-Fi antennas, and up to six additional USB devices (two USB 3.0 and four USB 2.0). You also get additional audio connectors, just in case the video card's HDMI audio isn't ideal for your home theater.
The Radeon R9 270 video card that shipped in our system has two DVI connections, a single HDMI, and DisplayPort. Both HDMI and DP carry audio signals. When connected directly to our Pioneer Elite Plasma with a DVI to HDMI cable, the DVI port also carried an audio signal.
The other side of the system also has passive ventilation openings.
Both the top and bottom of the system have passive vents for cooling. The top port allows warm air to escape on one side, and cool air has a direct path to the CPU cooling fan.
A single screw that is hidden under an easy to remove cover is all that keeps users from updating components inside of the system.
Inside, we found a tightly packed system with a mix of custom design, good write management, and thoughtful component placement.
The video card comes off of the motherboard with a 90 degree adapter that allows for the flat system design.
The weakest link in the lowest priced based model that we're testing today is the 500GB Toshiba hard drive. This drive is virtually silent, but it's still a mechanical hard drive that is small in comparison to the largest storage products on the market. Seagate just released a massive 8TB model; that is 16x more storage capacity than the base HDD for the Vapor series. Ideally, users will swap the mechanical storage for a large capacity SSD that will further enhance the user experience, and could even offer more capacity for storing large game files.
Although there isn't a lot of room for cable management, CyberPowerPC still managed to keep everything nice and neat inside of the case.
The base system has only two DDR3 DIMM slots, so if you want to increase the DRAM density, you will need to replace, and not just add to the included RAM.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Rising 4 shambles to Steam in March
- New Call of Duty returns to 'boots on the ground' roots
- Nintendo Switch requires day one update to access eShop
- Nintendo Switch has no Virtual Console games at launch
- Apple new headquarters is ready for April's opening
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording