When it comes to testing out a small drive like this, our main concerns are going to be the ability to read and write data. Since this is designed to be used as a means to carry data from one machine to another, it would be nice to know that it can do these functions at a reasonable pace.
To test out the drive, I will use HD Tach from Simpli Software. Since this utility has the ability to perform both read and write tests, it suits our needs perfectly. The test system is an overclocked Athlon XP 2400+ and the ports used are all USB 2.0 capable.
The top results are for the VisionTek model being tested and the bottom results are from an X-Micro 128MB drive. Considering that both devices are USB 2.0 compliant and both were tested at USB 2.0 standards, I was more than a little surprised to see such a large gap in the numbers. The math works out to the VisionTek being 57% faster in reading data and a whopping 148% faster in writing!
Neither drive forced the CPU to work and both offered access times of under 1ms, but this isn't too surprising considering the relatively small data areas they are working with. Given the results shown above, we seem to have a clear cut winner on our hands.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare officially trademarked by Activision
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched