When it comes to testing out a small drive like this, our main concerns are going to be the ability to read and write data. Since this is designed to be used as a means to carry data from one machine to another, it would be nice to know that it can do these functions at a reasonable pace.
To test out the drive, I will use HD Tach from Simpli Software. Since this utility has the ability to perform both read and write tests, it suits our needs perfectly. The test system is an overclocked Athlon XP 2400+ and the ports used are all USB 2.0 capable.
The top results are for the VisionTek model being tested and the bottom results are from an X-Micro 128MB drive. Considering that both devices are USB 2.0 compliant and both were tested at USB 2.0 standards, I was more than a little surprised to see such a large gap in the numbers. The math works out to the VisionTek being 57% faster in reading data and a whopping 148% faster in writing!
Neither drive forced the CPU to work and both offered access times of under 1ms, but this isn't too surprising considering the relatively small data areas they are working with. Given the results shown above, we seem to have a clear cut winner on our hands.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20