When it comes to testing out a small drive like this, our main concerns are going to be the ability to read and write data. Since this is designed to be used as a means to carry data from one machine to another, it would be nice to know that it can do these functions at a reasonable pace.
To test out the drive, I will use HD Tach from Simpli Software. Since this utility has the ability to perform both read and write tests, it suits our needs perfectly. The test system is an overclocked Athlon XP 2400+ and the ports used are all USB 2.0 capable.
The top results are for the VisionTek model being tested and the bottom results are from an X-Micro 128MB drive. Considering that both devices are USB 2.0 compliant and both were tested at USB 2.0 standards, I was more than a little surprised to see such a large gap in the numbers. The math works out to the VisionTek being 57% faster in reading data and a whopping 148% faster in writing!
Neither drive forced the CPU to work and both offered access times of under 1ms, but this isn't too surprising considering the relatively small data areas they are working with. Given the results shown above, we seem to have a clear cut winner on our hands.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications