When it comes to testing out a small drive like this, our main concerns are going to be the ability to read and write data. Since this is designed to be used as a means to carry data from one machine to another, it would be nice to know that it can do these functions at a reasonable pace.
To test out the drive, I will use HD Tach from Simpli Software. Since this utility has the ability to perform both read and write tests, it suits our needs perfectly. The test system is an overclocked Athlon XP 2400+ and the ports used are all USB 2.0 capable.
The top results are for the VisionTek model being tested and the bottom results are from an X-Micro 128MB drive. Considering that both devices are USB 2.0 compliant and both were tested at USB 2.0 standards, I was more than a little surprised to see such a large gap in the numbers. The math works out to the VisionTek being 57% faster in reading data and a whopping 148% faster in writing!
Neither drive forced the CPU to work and both offered access times of under 1ms, but this isn't too surprising considering the relatively small data areas they are working with. Given the results shown above, we seem to have a clear cut winner on our hands.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's Continuum turns Lumia 950s into mobile PC's
- Ubisoft announces Far Cry Primal set in Stone Age, coming 2016
- KitGuru editor in chief apologizes for 'inflammatory' AMD article
- Intel Battery Optimizer Android app now cleans, too
- Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six next in GeForce GTX bundles
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs