Temperature and Power Consumption
The LIVA X is the clear winner when it comes to power consumption. While it might not be the fastest box on the market, it does a great job conserving power.
These shots are of the top and bottom of the LIVA X while it is sitting idle.
I ran AIDA64 stability test at the same time as 3DMark Vantage to load the CPU, memory, and graphics. The temperature increased 2C on the top side, and the hottest part was the DC power input. The bottom increased 6C, but that is to be expected as the heat sink is located at the bottom of the unit. Overall, these tests prove this unit runs on the cooler side.
It was actually quite hard for me to get it to increase in temperature. The device had been loaded for hours running the benchmarks, and then I applied both stress programs for 30 minutes. I should note that the device sat on my desk and there is good airflow in the test room.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the LIVA X]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [CPU, Graphics, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will have a headphone jack after all?
- HTC to launch only 6-7 devices this year
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017