Temperature and Power Consumption
The LIVA X is the clear winner when it comes to power consumption. While it might not be the fastest box on the market, it does a great job conserving power.
These shots are of the top and bottom of the LIVA X while it is sitting idle.
I ran AIDA64 stability test at the same time as 3DMark Vantage to load the CPU, memory, and graphics. The temperature increased 2C on the top side, and the hottest part was the DC power input. The bottom increased 6C, but that is to be expected as the heat sink is located at the bottom of the unit. Overall, these tests prove this unit runs on the cooler side.
It was actually quite hard for me to get it to increase in temperature. The device had been loaded for hours running the benchmarks, and then I applied both stress programs for 30 minutes. I should note that the device sat on my desk and there is good airflow in the test room.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the LIVA X]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [CPU, Graphics, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda singleplayer is dead
- Nintendo should have big Switch stockpile for holidays
- Flash shortage may last throughout 2018
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks GLORIOUS in 1080p 60FPS
- Xbox One X day one 'Scorpio Edition' console teased
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes