We will begin testing the CPU portion of our benchmarks. On our system's test, we set the BIOS to default settings, and only change the boot device. We will see the effects of power management and other power saving features here. This is how a typical system would be used.
We will also be using 2x Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 (18 core) processors on all of our tests from now on. The motherboard inside the Supermicro 7048GR-TR Workstation is the Supermicro X10DRG-Q, and we will refer to it in our benchmarks using this moniker. We have also dropped CINEBENCH 11.5 from our benchmarks because it will only use 64 cores/thread, the E5-2699 v3's used here will total 36 cores/72 threads, which exceeds Cinebench 11.5 limits.
The 7048GR-TR Workstation is showing very good results in the multi-core benchmark; in fact, this is the highest we have seen so far, which is no surprise with the extra cores/threads used with the E5-2699 v3s. The single-core results are a little lower, and this is mainly because of power-saving features.
wPrime is a leading multi-threaded benchmark for x86 processors that tests your processor performance. This is a great test to use to rate the system speed; it also works as a stress test to see how well the system's cooling is performing.
In wPrime, the 7048GR-TR Workstation using E5-2699 v3s shows very good 32M scores, but is slight slower in in the 1024M area.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications