The BIOS for the 7048GR-TR workstation is the same as the X10DRG-Q, and is standard for server motherboards, so we will only show a few BIOS screens, and go over new menu options.
This is the main BIOS screen, which shows basic system information.
The advanced tab brings you to the main advanced screen.
This is the Advanced CPU Configuration menu; there are many options in this area, but most work just fine with default settings.
This is the CPU Advanced Power Management Configuration screen.
Now we are looking at the North Bridge IIO Configuration menu.
Here we are looking at the QPI General Configuration menu.
Here we are looking at the Memory Configuration menu.
Here we are looking at the Memory RAS Configuration menu.
Now we are looking at the PCIe/PCI/PnP Configeration menu.
For our setup using the Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessors, we will need to enable "Above 4G Decoding."
Now we are looking at the SATA Configeration menu.
The last menu is the Boot Options menu.
We find our remote access IP address located in the BIOS, under the IPMI tab. In our case, this was 184.108.40.206. Enter that into your browser, and you will see the login screen.
To login, use:
As a best practice, administrative users should change factory default Username/Password logins before connecting any new server to their network.
After logging in, we come to the home screen and see system information displayed. There is also a remote control option for iKVM. Please note that when video cards are installed, iKVM will not be available.
The next tab is the Sensor Readings menu.
The Configuration menu allows you to change many features on the server, including Active Directory settings, DNS, LDAP, and many more.
The Power Control and Status menu allows you to power on, shut down, restart, and cycle the server.
The Virtual Media menu allows you to mount or share virtual media like floppy disk and CD-ROM images.
The Maintenance menu allows you to update the firmware and restore factory defaults.
The Miscellaneous menu allows post snooping, SMC RAKP enable/disable, UID control, and BIOS recovery.
Here we see the Drivers and Tools menu. We are happy to see Supermicro has included a driver ISO file that we can download to install drivers and tools.
The Supermicro SuperDoctor 5 is a hardware-monitoring program that functions in a command-line or web-based interface in Windows and Linux operating systems. The program monitors system health information such as CPU temperature, system voltages, system power consumption, fan speed, and provides alerts via email or Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
SuperDoctor 5 comes in local and remote management versions, and can be used with Nagios to maximize your system monitoring needs. With SuperDoctor 5 Management Server (SSM Server), you can remotely control power on/off, and reset chassis intrusion for multiple systems with SuperDoctor 5 or IPMI. SD5 Management Server monitors HTTP, FTP, and SMTP services to optimize the efficiency of your operation.
IPMIView is a GUI-based software application that allows administrators to manage multiple server systems through BMC. IPMIView monitors and reports the status of servers, and also supports remote KVM and Virtual Media.
Supermicro Power Manager (SPM) is a power management tool that allows you to improve system power utilization. Administrators can configure policies by datacenter, room, row, rack, target machine, or logical groups, and can be triggered by condition, power, or temperature thresholds.
Supermicro Update Manager (SUM) remotely updates the BIOS and BMC/IPMI firmware, and system settings. The X10 based machines through in-band and OOB (out-of-band) BMC/IPMI communication channels.
Supermicro Server Manager (SSM) provides capabilities to monitor the health of servers, and many other features.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni