Overclocking - So Much Room For Activities!
One area of the GTX 960 that is going to be interesting is the potential it has to be overclocked. NVIDIA has really dialed things down on its reference design so that AIB partners can really play around with things. ZOTAC is using just a single 6-pin PCIe power connector, as well as some out-of-the-box overclocking of their own, so I don't expect much from the overclocking side of things.
We did push up another 100MHz on top of the overclock of the Base clock which seemed to be stable, but pushing the memory up another 40-50MHz resulted in instability. We're going to write up a follow up article next week looking at the overclocking of these GTX 960s, so keep your eye out for that.
The headroom on these cards is amazing, but ZOTAC is already taking advantage of Maxwell's architecture within the GTX 960 to squeeze an already impressive OC in the GTX 960 AMP! Edition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel CPU engineer leaves after 20 years
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4