Inside the CHALLENGER Prime
Just in case all of the key caps fall out of the frame, we open membrane boards from the back. When the back section of the frame is lifted off, it exposes the full sheet of plastic that will illuminate, and the light will show between the keys as well as through each key cap.
After removing the plastic panel, and a two layer PCB of switch contacts, we can see that this keyboard surely uses membrane switches, but each switch has an individual cup that is not attached to the rest of the membrane layer across the underside of the key caps.
After doing a bit of digging, and flipping over one of the smaller PCBs inside of the frame, we were able to locate this Holtek HT82A525R MCU. While it is not one of the more popular variants, this chip is more than capable of delivering the specifications and features that the Tt eSPORTS crew offers in the CHALLENGER Prime.
Carefully reassembling the CHALLENGER Prime, we now have it ready for use and powered up. At this point, we could leave it blue, or change it to purple or red; we could turn them off all together, or we can even put them into a breathing mode. What you see is the full intensity of the LEDs, but with a turn of that large dial in the middle, you can lower the LEDs to whatever level you are comfortable with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Tt eSPORTS CHALLENGER Prime Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Tt eSPORTS CHALLENGER Prime Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni