Inside the CHALLENGER Prime
Just in case all of the key caps fall out of the frame, we open membrane boards from the back. When the back section of the frame is lifted off, it exposes the full sheet of plastic that will illuminate, and the light will show between the keys as well as through each key cap.
After removing the plastic panel, and a two layer PCB of switch contacts, we can see that this keyboard surely uses membrane switches, but each switch has an individual cup that is not attached to the rest of the membrane layer across the underside of the key caps.
After doing a bit of digging, and flipping over one of the smaller PCBs inside of the frame, we were able to locate this Holtek HT82A525R MCU. While it is not one of the more popular variants, this chip is more than capable of delivering the specifications and features that the Tt eSPORTS crew offers in the CHALLENGER Prime.
Carefully reassembling the CHALLENGER Prime, we now have it ready for use and powered up. At this point, we could leave it blue, or change it to purple or red; we could turn them off all together, or we can even put them into a breathing mode. What you see is the full intensity of the LEDs, but with a turn of that large dial in the middle, you can lower the LEDs to whatever level you are comfortable with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Tt eSPORTS CHALLENGER Prime Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Tt eSPORTS CHALLENGER Prime Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4