HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
We've tested several SSDs with Phison S8 controllers in the past, and found the controller's read performance to be very high, until stressed under heavy workloads. The Blaze is just as fast as the top SATA III performers on the market today while reading sequential data back from the drive.
The Blaze 240GB turns in a solid sequential write performance that is in line with the product's price. Write performance and consistency are the traits you pay for on modern SSDs. It's easy for SSDs to read data back at high speed, but write performance is more difficult due to flash density increasing, which lowers parallelization, writing to several flash die at once. This increases performance, but when less die are used, the write speed suffers.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 220.127.116.11
After writing to the Blaze 240GB with a reasonable number of sequential and random writes, we tested the drive with HD Tach to measure sequential performance, and to look for write speed deviation. The Blaze pulled through the test well. Since we first tested the controller two years ago, Phison has worked on the firmware for the S8 to deliver performance that is more consistent.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD