HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
We've tested several SSDs with Phison S8 controllers in the past, and found the controller's read performance to be very high, until stressed under heavy workloads. The Blaze is just as fast as the top SATA III performers on the market today while reading sequential data back from the drive.
The Blaze 240GB turns in a solid sequential write performance that is in line with the product's price. Write performance and consistency are the traits you pay for on modern SSDs. It's easy for SSDs to read data back at high speed, but write performance is more difficult due to flash density increasing, which lowers parallelization, writing to several flash die at once. This increases performance, but when less die are used, the write speed suffers.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 220.127.116.11
After writing to the Blaze 240GB with a reasonable number of sequential and random writes, we tested the drive with HD Tach to measure sequential performance, and to look for write speed deviation. The Blaze pulled through the test well. Since we first tested the controller two years ago, Phison has worked on the firmware for the S8 to deliver performance that is more consistent.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup