128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD, and is indicative of performance in OLAP, batch processing, streaming, content delivery applications, and backup scenarios. The Toshiba HK3R2 averages 521 MB/s, and the Samsung 845DC EVO squeaks by with an average of 526 MB/s at 256 OIO. The Micron M500DC averages 417 MB/s, while the Intel DC S3500 delivers an average of 441 MB/s.
The 845DC EVO and the HK3R2 place very close in latency metrics during the measurement window.
Sequential write performance is important in tasks such as caching, replication, HPC, and database logging. The Toshiba HK3R2 takes a big lead in this test with an average of 488 MB/s. The 845DC EVO trails with 427 MB/s, the M500DC averages 388 MB/s, and the DC S3500 averages 424 MB/s.
The HK3R2 separates itself from the pack with a very consistent latency profile.
The HK3R2 manages to dethrone the M500DC in mixed sequential performance, which is a tall order considering the gulf between the two leaders.
The HK3R2 continues to impress with sequential workload performance as it averages 3.66 watts, the 845 DC EVO averages of 4.14 watts, the M500DC averages 5.24 watts, and the DC S3500 averages 4.83 watts.
The Toshiba HK3R2 leads the efficiency chart easily with 133 MB/s per watt; the 845DC EVO averages 99 MB/s per watt, the M500DC averages 73 MB/s per watt, and the DC S3500 averages 87 MB/s per watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Scorpio's true 4K res won't be easy for developers
- NVIDIA shows off 4K 60FPS footage of Titanfall 2 on PC
- NVIDIA's new Xavier chip is super-fast, powered by Volta
- Star Citizen boss: it's the 'best damn everything sim'
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased for January 2017
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now