Inside the Core X9
Grabbing the cut-out at the bottom of the bezel and pulling it off shows a plastic dust filter in the lower section of the bezel, and at the top, we find tabs holding in the bay covers. On the face of the chassis, there is a 200mm fan installed with room for another above it. We also see the I/O panel to the left and a large grommet, behind the bezel to the right there is a match to it.
Loosening a pair of thumbscrews that stay captured in the top panel allows the top of the chassis to come off, to access the fan or radiator mounting. To further aid in that, the fan brackets on both sides are simply screwed into place and will remove to make cooling installation much simpler.
Looking into the body of the chassis, we find a dual layer system with a defined lower section for storage, and the entirety of the top section for the motherboard and video cards. We found the wiring to be tied neatly and will not move around, and the hardware bag is currently on the floor between the drive cages.
With four thumbscrews in the face of each of these bays, it allows the chassis to not need any supports to block the interior. While these are ready with tool-free latches on this side, and full access for screw mounting, these can also easily come right out and open up the front for massive amounts of cooling.
Resting on the middle frame rails, they also keep this large cube structurally sound, we can see the motherboard tray shifted to the back of the chassis. The standoffs are ready for ATX motherboards as it allows the grommets to be used. For E-ATX motherboards, the entire tray will be covered.
Removing a pair of thumbscrews allows the tray to slide forward and come out. This allows the ability to get the motherboard and cooler all in place, and drop it in as one major assembly.
Blocking off the CPU cooler access hole is the hidden storage tray assembly. This too will come off, and even the plastic tray now in place can be removed so that three drives can go here at once.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017