Thermaltake Core X9 E-ATX Cube Chassis
Our first unobstructed view of the front of the Core X9 shows us the entire panel offers wide and thin slits and ventilation, even being used on the three removable bay covers near the top. The only thing to break up the pattern really is the Thermaltake logo at center, near the bottom.
The top of the chassis is a long and wide steel panel that offers two long runs of the same slits we saw on the front. This panel is also removable to allow easy access inside the chassis and to mount any optional cooling here.
As the Core X9 is shipped, the large side window panel is placed on the left side as we see it now. Because the window is evenly spaced, this can be flipped over and used on the right side as an option.
As part of the front bezel is cut away, the left side currently offers the I/O panel. There are indicator LEDs above the power button, a pair of USB 3.0 ports above and below the HD Audio jacks, and at the bottom is the reset button. Just like the panel, this can also be swapped to the right side.
Out back at the top, we find the exhaust fan to the left, the rear I/O below that, and the eight expansion slots and large grommets to the right. In the lower section, the left side is intended for a PSU currently, while the right is set up for a fan, but the plate can be removed and a PSU installed there instead.
The front bezel is notched on this side as well to accept the I/O panel if you decide to have the window here instead. Out of the box, the right panel offers the same mesh pattern as the top did, and allows for fans to be placed in the chassis behind it, and they can breathe easily.
Under the chassis, we find huge plastic feet with rubber pads on them, two long dust filters at the left, and between the front feet, we see a large removable panel. This is so that when you opt to stack this chassis on another, that becomes a large pass through for wiring and water cooling runs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo market cap valuation now higher than Sony's
- LG's new 'world's first' 77-inch flexible 4K OLED teased
- GIGABYTE's new AMD EPYC motherboard supports 1TB of RAM
- AMD Radeon RX Vega price will be 'excellent'
- Bungie is making PC specific tweaks to Destiny 2
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Best bang for your buck: AC1900 Wireless Routers
- ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller