Thermaltake Core X9 E-ATX Cube Chassis
Our first unobstructed view of the front of the Core X9 shows us the entire panel offers wide and thin slits and ventilation, even being used on the three removable bay covers near the top. The only thing to break up the pattern really is the Thermaltake logo at center, near the bottom.
The top of the chassis is a long and wide steel panel that offers two long runs of the same slits we saw on the front. This panel is also removable to allow easy access inside the chassis and to mount any optional cooling here.
As the Core X9 is shipped, the large side window panel is placed on the left side as we see it now. Because the window is evenly spaced, this can be flipped over and used on the right side as an option.
As part of the front bezel is cut away, the left side currently offers the I/O panel. There are indicator LEDs above the power button, a pair of USB 3.0 ports above and below the HD Audio jacks, and at the bottom is the reset button. Just like the panel, this can also be swapped to the right side.
Out back at the top, we find the exhaust fan to the left, the rear I/O below that, and the eight expansion slots and large grommets to the right. In the lower section, the left side is intended for a PSU currently, while the right is set up for a fan, but the plate can be removed and a PSU installed there instead.
The front bezel is notched on this side as well to accept the I/O panel if you decide to have the window here instead. Out of the box, the right panel offers the same mesh pattern as the top did, and allows for fans to be placed in the chassis behind it, and they can breathe easily.
Under the chassis, we find huge plastic feet with rubber pads on them, two long dust filters at the left, and between the front feet, we see a large removable panel. This is so that when you opt to stack this chassis on another, that becomes a large pass through for wiring and water cooling runs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel