Lets start off with the main power adapter.
Adapter? On the main coupling? Yep, you read it right. To make sure this power supply is compatible with all current motherboards, they have used a 24-pin block for the main power to handle the newer Intel LGA775 processor boards. But for the masses that still make use of a more conventional setup, this adapter is easily installed and you can still make full use of the PSU as normal.
For Molex connections, you have several at your disposal. As a matter of fact, there are three sets of Molex cables and each set has three connectors. This gives you upwards of nine 12v Molex adapters without having to resort to the use of splitters. If you only need to use, say, five Molex powered devices, just leave one of the cable sets off and you don't have to worry about hiding the wiring. To me this is just a sweet setup.
Since some folks are still using floppy drives, Antec has included this adapter for powering this type device. Simply connect it to one of the Molex connectors and you have two floppy connectors. Simple to use and if you're not using this type device it stays in the box and out of your way.
If you've ever used Antec power supplies that were made within the past couple of years, you'll have seen this connector. It is clearly labeled "FAN ONLY" and is designed to be used with system fans within the enclosure. The trick? It has a sensor within the body of the PSU and automatically adjusts the fan speed according to its own predefined heat formula. My main objection to this concept is to consider how in the world a thermal probe sitting within a power supply can determine interior case temperatures. I mean think about it... the air that is drawn through a power supply is being exhausted out the rear of the case. Not only that, the PSU sits high in the enclosure and the air being blown out is going to be hot anyway. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but many folks love this feature. If so you can easily hook your fans into it and go for broke. If, on the other hand, you're more in thought like myself, you can just leave this little cable in the box.
Say what? You've just gotten a brand new PCI-Express video board and it has a special power connector? No problem, the NeoPower also comes with the necessary cabling for this component as well. If you're not fortunate enough to have this type board yet, just leave the cable in the box so you don't have to concern yourself about tying down the extra wires.
Finally, for those who have invested in SATA hard drives, you'll be happy to note you aren't left out either. Hook up the cable to the PSU body and you're set to run two SATA devices without having to resort to adapters.
If you don't have this type drive? You got it... just leave it in the box. I could learn to like this feature a whole lot.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec NeoPower - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec NeoPower - Page 2 [In The Box]
- Antec NeoPower - Page 3 [Cabling]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog