Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
The system is fully loaded using Furmark and Prime 95, similar to our laptop testing. The sound recordings are made in front of the machine, about 6 inches from the center of the tower. Temperatures are reported as recorded by CoreTemp and Furmark.
Our overclocked 8-core CPU reached a maximum temperature of 90 degrees Celsius, which is a bit on the high side considering we have watercooling on the CPU. We're sure the overclock contributed to this number.
The hottest GPU reached 92 degrees Celsius, which is the second highest GPU temperature recorded. It certainly didn't help that all three GPUs are stacked together without a slot in between, as is the norm with three GPUs.
And due to the stacked GPUs and incredible performance, we also get a pretty loud sound from the MILLENNIUM. We recorded a maximum sound level of 63 decibels, of which the GPUs contributed the most.
Power consumption is measured while the system is loaded for the temperature test and while sitting idle at the desktop. Measurement is taken at the wall, so it includes everything running in the system, not including the monitor.
The overclocked CPU and high-performance SLI GPU setup combine to make a large power draw. We recorded a maximum power draw of 1,245W. As we have just a 1300W PSU, we will cause undue wear and tear and early aging on the PSU. This is why we recommend a 1400-1500W PSU.
At idle, we recorded a draw of 374W, which is more than a large portion of our systems at load. It goes without saying that performance this great will come with a large power draw, and a large associated power bill. But if you can afford this beast, you can likely afford the power draw associated with it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Configurations and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Bundle & System Pictures]
- Page 3 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - CPU Tests]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Storage Tests]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Tests]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Gaming Tests]
- Page 8 [Temperatures and Noise & Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications