Test System Setup
The OSD makes use of four physical buttons, not including the power button, along the bottom of the display. To the right of the power button, there are two buttons: one up and one down. On the left, there are two buttons labeled 1 and 2. The arrows are used to navigate, while the 1 and 2 buttons are used to select and exit.
Power consumption is measured at the wall with a blank Word document open and the monitor on as bright as it can go.
The VX2263 sips power, using just 14W at max brightness. This is a pretty good result, and is the lowest of our chart.
We use a LX1010B light meter to measure brightness in Lux. The monitor is placed in the center of the screen on a blank Word document with the monitor at full brightness.
That low power consumption, however, comes with a cost, and that cost is max brightness. We measured a max reading of just 230 Lux, making it also the dimmest monitor we've reviewed. Do not be alarmed, though, because the display is still quite bright.
We use this as a way to measure a monitor's efficiency. It is simply the monitor's brightness divided by its power draw.
As for efficiency, the display is right in the mix, coming in fifth, but only 2 points away from second.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Features & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Unboxing, Dead Pixels, Assembly and Port Layout]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, OSD & Test Results]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Respawn: Microsoft forced Titanfall as Xbox exclusive
- Our 'Kingsglaive' Blu-ray giveaway is no 'Final Fantasy'
- Valve planning Steam home page visual revamp, and more
- Yahoo admits 500 million accounts hacked in 2014
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now