A Closer Look
On the front of the 34UC97, you're greeted by that amazing 34-inch IPS-based curved ultra-wide panel. It's truly a sight to behold, something you need to sit in front of to truly understand how amazing it looks.
LG has crafted a very strong base, something that you would expect for a quality display like this.
Once it is built, here's what the LG 34UC97 will look like when it's sitting in front of you. Beautiful, isn't it?
Here's that curve that the 34UC97 has, a slight curve, but it is noticeable.
The stand, with the monitor on it - it has a shiny metallic look, which gives the monitor a great finish.
A look at the 34UC97 from the back.
Here we have the back of the 34UC97, where we find all of the ports. This shot was taken without the flash to give you a better look at the ports and layout of the ports.
Let there be light! From left to right we have the DC input, 3.5mm audio, two HDMI ports, and DisplayPort. After that, we have two Thunderbolt ports, a USB 3.0 hub and two USB 3.0 ports.
A closer look at the DC input and power switch to the left of that.
On the bottom of the 34UC97, we have a single joystick button that can be tweaked to go through the various menus, as well as turn the monitor on and off.
LG has provided some basic stereo speakers.
Here we get a better look at the speakers, and how the stand will hold the monitor up.
Here we have a little container that the four screws required to get the 34UC97 put together with.
This is what I was gaming on with the LG 34UC97 monitor:
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4930K processor w/Corsair H110 cooler (stock clocks)
- Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
- RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz DDR3
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (reference) in SLI
- Storage: 240GB SanDisk Extreme II and 480GB SanDisk Extreme II
- Chassis: InWin X-Frame Limited Edition
- PSU: Corsair AX1200i digital PSU
- Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
- Drivers: GeForce 344.75
We'd like to thank all of our partners for their support, as this couldn't be possible without NVIDIA, ASUS, Corsair, SanDisk, or InWin. Without them, we wouldn't have the hardware here to test today, so I'd like to thank them all for providing us with the hardware here in my lab.
My first impressions of the screen were quite amazing, as I was looking at buying this monitor personally, but couldn't justify the near $2000 price. As soon as it was out of the box, the style of the screen had me impressed, but I needed to power it up to get into fully. As soon as I plugged it in, and powered it on, it was on. LG had me paying attention, its as if the monitor had perfume on, and walked past me. My interest was piqued.
Once the 34UC97 was on, the native resolution of 3440x1440 kicks in and your eyes are pulled right into the monitor. Looking left to right, a 21:9 aspect ratio is something you can never recover from. After the 21:9 aspect ratio is noticed, the curved panel is something that looks truly amazing in person. As someone who uses dual monitors everyday, a single 21:9 curved LCD monitor is simply stunning. The IPS-based panel definitely lends its hand here too, with colors popping and text being ultra sharp.
All I can say is, the first impressions sure did last - I was in love with the 34UC97, dammit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset