As stated several times already, this enclosure is designed for the mATX form factor motherboards. This is a board that is considerably smaller than a normal model, so the case is also sized down for those who are in need of a good system with a minimum of space. This should give you an idea as to the actual size we're talking. The comparison shown above has the TT-501 sitting in front of a standard sized Lian-Li PC60 enclosure.
With dimensions of 16" x 13" x 5 7/8", we're talking a small case. Given the small footprint, cooling is a major concern. This especially holds true when you're talking about using a modern processor, which can be rated at heat outputs of well over 85 watts. Since space is at a minimum, there are a couple of things that the Opus folks have added to try to combat this excess heat buildup.
There are no active intake fans within the TT-501. With space being as restricted as it is in this model, there just wasn't enough room. This doesn't mean that airflow is nonexistent, though. With venting from the top and bottom, this pair of exhaust fans on the back of the case still allow for air movement within the enclosure. While not the best for cooling, it was still capable of maintaining stable temperatures using an Athlon XP processor. Temperatures ran about 4-5C warmer than on a normally aspirated case design. While significant, the results were still acceptable and you should not have any problems with stability due to excess heat.
Another concept used to help with the heat is this CPU ducting. Since the rear fans are in essence pulling air in from the intake vents, this helps direct the air being pulled from the top of the enclosure to land squarely onto the HSF handling the processor cooling chores. This helps the HSF by having cool outside air being forced onto the base of the sink to help in cooling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch not backward compatible with Wii U games
- Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine one last time in 'Logan'
- Ubisoft teases 'game changing' patch for The Division
- AMD's new RSCE 16.10.2 drivers ready for Battlefield 1
- AMD to launch cut-down RX 470, competes with GTX 1050 Ti
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package