Over the two going on three years I have been here at TweakTown, we have had a few CalDigit products come through the lab. Just last month, we had the chance to look at the revamped T3 that added Thunderbolt 2 technology to the classic three bay chassis and today we take a look at yet another new release from CalDigit.
The T4 Thunderbolt 2 adds a fourth bay to the iconic CalDigit chassis along with Thunderbolt 2 support. RAID modes have been upgraded adding in RAID 5 for this solution, along with the standard RAID 0, RAID 1 and JBOD.
Pricing, Availability and Specifications
Marketing specifications for the CalDigit T4 Thunderbolt 2 have the weight of the unit coming in just over 7.2lbs with SSDs installed, while HDDs increase the weight by nearly five pounds up to 12.5lbs. RAID mode support includes RAID 0, 1, 5 and JBOD with hot swappable drives. Cooling the enclosure, we have an 80mm fan operating at 1500 RPM pushing 21.9CFM at 17dba. Compatibility of the T4 Thunderbolt 2 extends to OS X 10.8+.
The CalDigit T4 Thunderbolt 2 comes in many variations, including 4TB ($899.99), 8TB ($1199.99), 12TB ($1399.99), 16TB ($1699.99) and 20TB ($1999.99) hard drive based models. Solid State based models are available in a 4TB capacity, with a MSRP of $3299.99. Each of these units carries a five-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Horned Owl' APU arrives in 2017
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One Review
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now