HP Z Turbo PCIe SSD
Our pair of Z Turbo SSDs arrived in a HP Z820 workstation that HP asked us to use to test the drives. HP used a custom M.2 PCIe to PCIe x4 adapter to hold and change the connector of the custom Samsung XP941.
HP's firmware is UXM61H1Q, which is different from the firmware shipped with the drives from RamCity, and even the firmware found on the Sony VAIO notebook that shipped with XP941 SSDs.
A series of dip switches at the top of the adapter are not documented, so leave these alone. The drive does have a two-pin connector that can connect to the HDD status LED in your system.
The back bracket allows air to pass over the card, and exit the rear of the system.
Slots on the back of the card also allow air to circulate around the SSD. HP's custom adapter can work with other M.2 PCIe based drives. Here we also see mounting points for different sized M.2 drives, such as 2260.
Here we see Samsung's UAX three-core, ARM-based PCIe to flash controller. To the right of the controller is a Samsung LPDDR2 (low power DDR2) package with 256MB of capacity.
The flash is Samsung's 19nm MLC Toggle 2.0.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [HP Z Turbo PCIe SSD]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup - HP Z820]
- Page 4 [4-Corner and Then Some Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 7 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080: Volta GPU, GDDR6/HBM2 support
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- COLORFUL announces the iGame GTX1070 X-TOP-8G Advanced Limited
- LYRobotix set to release a VR Motion tracking system for mobile gaming
- I Am Setsuna coming to Nintendo Switch on March 3
- 2016 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 voting event starts
- Garmin announces the Approach G30, adds a small but powerful handheld to its golf GPS offerings