Inside the Enthoo EVOLV
Another very cool feature of the EVOLV is that the doors require no mounting hardware. Simply pull on the door to release the seven pins, and the door swings open to the back of the chassis. Once there, the door simply lifts off the hinge pin.
Now that we can see inside the EVOLV, we find a large aluminium plate with many holes blocking the view to the right, and we see the hardware box at the left. The lower section is separated by a false floor, and there is a sticker with the Phanteks name positioned so it peeks out through the window.
This plate isn't just for blocking your view; it will obviously support a pair of 3.5" drives, a couple of 2.5" drives, and is even drilled for the addition of the pump plate we have seen with the other Enthoo cases.
With the plate now out of the way, we can see there isn't an ODD by default. However, there is a support rail at the top of the front opening to help with fan and radiator installation, but first you need to remove the 200mm fan that is stuffed in there.
The motherboard tray is small and will only fit Mini-ITX and Micro-ATX motherboards. There is a smaller access hole, but we also fin six wire management holes for of which have grommets in them, and a few places to ties up wiring behind it.
At the front of the chassis, in the false floor, or PSU cover, there is a thumbscrew holding a cover in place. This cover can be removed to pass wires through, and there is a bit of sub-frame that will also come out to allow for thicker radiator and fan combinations once both are removed.
Inside of the chassis, now at the back, we find the three-pin powered fan with black sleeve on the cable, a black frame, and white blades to match the theme. The quartet of expansion slots uses thumbscrews to secure cards, and the covers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD