Mushkin Rector 1TB SSD
There isn't much to the package, but at least you don't need a razor blade to open it, the plastic shell just pulls apart.
The back of the package gives us some general information about the drive and the 3-year warranty.
What you see is what you get...
... but for just $369.99 this is really all you need. 1TB of flash goodness packaged in a 7mm housing so it will work in Ultrabooks and notebooks that require the reduced height.
This is the first time we've found sixteen NAND flash packages paired with the SMI SM2246EN controller.
The SM2246EN controller has been around for around a year now and we've found it to be reliable. The only use we know of is a single firmware release that used more power than the others. The fix for that was released to manufacturers before the Reactor hit the market.
Mushkin used two packages of Samsung's sixth generation DDR3 that uses 1.35v and runs at 1600MHz for the Reactor.
Mushkin used Micron L95B flash for the Reactor. That is Micron 16nm 128Gbit, the same flash used in the MX100 from Crucial.
This is also the first time we've seen the PCB double as the SATA power and data connector on an SSD. Mushkin may have found a way to shave a few cents off each drive produced using this method.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99