Inside the 3920P
Upon opening the cover, we do indeed find the small hole in the center to store the nano receiver, but this is the second time our mouse arrived without batteries. Just to make sure we were not crazy: It does say there are two pre-installed AA alkaline batteries, right? So what gives here?
Moving on, we were able to take the 3920P apart by removing just two screws; it easily splits in two. With this view, you really get the sense of how compact this mouse is, and just how close together those components are.
Under the left click button, we find the first of two Kailh white switches, which are heavily greased. These switches offer an audible click when used, and require medium force to activate while still having a nice feel.
Moving around the inside a bit, we can now see the black pad style switch used for the DPI switch behind the scroll wheel. We also see the Avago A8020 laser sensor that uses the Sufree technology to allow this sensor to track on any sort of surface, and still retain accuracy.
The pair of buttons on the left side of the 3920P also use the same black pad switch we saw for the DPI. All three offer more of a thud when pressed, and are much springier than the Kailh switch.
Speaking of Kailh switches, since we had one under the left side, it only makes sense to find one under the right side as well. However, this time less grease has been applied, but we do use the left click much more often.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Nokia hints at Snapdragon 835 powered smartphone
- Resident Evil 7's Windows 10 PC port is a big mess
- Project Scorpio in playable state, games 'play great'
- 400 million PS4 games, 54.4 million PS4 consoles sold
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017